Strawberry & Parma Ham Salad
Reasons for Pairing
Clotted cream and strawberry is a great match so the creaminess of the mozzarella marries well with the strawberry juice.
Basil and strawberry go well l together and have been used by many Michelin star restaurants
The sweet and sour combination of the strawberry and balsamic work well together as they balance each other.
The last balance in this dish is the saltines of the Parma ham as this calms down the richness of the other flavours
- Rip the balls of mozzarella and arrange on 4 plates.
- Lay 3 slices of ham amongst the mozzarella on each plate
- Scatter each plate with torn basil leaves
- Drizzle olive oil over each salad and repeat with the balsamic reduction
- Season with fresh black pepper from a pepper mill
|2||balls of mozzarella|
|1 pack||Parma ham|
|1 bunch||of basil|
|200 ml||balsamic vinegar reduced by ½ and allowed to cool|